Thursday, May 3, 2012

Class Blog #3

Stephanie Tyler's Video

I found this to be a very interesting video.The special kids seem like they are really enjoying Ms. Tyler class and the way she helps them learn. You can clearly see this an outlet for kids with special needs to be able to complete their assignments like the rest of kids and have fun as well. The computer serves us all great purpose and can assist in all aspects of life.
We can use those methods Ms.Tyler has used in edm310 as well because some of us aren't as computer literate as others. I must say it takes me a while to understand alot of the assignments we have but I'm learning different ways to understand and somehow I manage. I believe I should look into that website that helps you zoom in on your words because I have trouble reading small print also. But overall its a very informative video and I'm glad to see that the kids are able to learn at the same pace as everyone else.

Apple Apps for kids


I would use the math board app in the classroom because its probably the hardest subject for kids to learn and for adults also. It breaks down the math problems and give you ways to have each child involved and also making it very fun. This app is very interesting and can help in numerous ways in the classroom.
angry



Kids will be able to work on these assignments at home and in the classroom and learn alot from them using their ipads. The math board app gives you different quizzes and learning objectives to learn all kinds of math.Wonderful learning tool when using the ipad in the classroom and at home. The students can be creative as well as have fun while doing the work.
Social Media Changes
Wow this site is an eye opener for everyone. I think about when I was a kid or even in high school that technology didn't mean that much to me or my peers. In today's society we have come a long way and nowadays we cant even walk out the door without our phones, ipod, ipad or laptops.

I believe its a great think because we can always communicate with each other and also with school. We can do everything from social sites and our phones. I love the way technology has grown, and I'm looking forward to what may take place in the future world of all this technology. Facebook, twitter and a million other sites have grown to be our life and we have gotten to attach to all of new age ways of the world.

A Vision of Students Today


Very informative video i watched. I totally agree with this. As a future educator I don't like the way our kids are being taught especially on a college level.We have all spent lots of money on class and those books we never even open. It seems like every year its more and more of a rip off. I have maybe two instructors this semester who actually knows my name.
Its really like we teaching ourselves, there's no hands on anymore. Students need the time and attention so we can all be able to teach and do our jobs when we become future educators. Technology has taken control and we have no use for books in a classroom. Classes are too large to be just sitting in there going over power point videos. We spend more time trying to find answers to our study guide then actually learning the information we obtained in class. Lets get back to basics where each student is involved. It seems money is more the objective then learning.

1 comment:

  1. “I have maybe two instructors this semester who actually knows my name.” know not knows You have a subject that is plural so your verb should be as well.

    Interesting thought but your presentation (writing) needs work.

    ReplyDelete