Sunday, April 15, 2012

Class Blog #11

The video Little Kids....Big Potential was really demonstrated in showing the value of technology. Kathy Cassidy is a pioneer in my opinion becuase she was using computers in class when anyone else was accepting it. There was video clips of her students using blogs, Skype, webpages, and more! I love the clip were she has the kids to say, "don't say mean stuff, it could hurt someones feelings." That is really important while using something new, we must teach our children and students the guidelines. Cassidy said that children and technology go hand and hand. She stated that, we as future educators must change because the world has changing everyday." I love her approach to dare to be different and innovative. Cassidy made a statement that we all piggy back from one another, she learned from others, and we learn from her, and others learn from all of us. It becomes a wonderful cycle of wisdom being shared from educator to educator.
educator




I believe that her approach will be very beneficial in my class because I plan to try to teach new things. It's good to see someone paved the way, which gives me motivation that I can also. Now I'm sure this will come with many obstacles,(mainly from my peers) because others are stuck in their ways, but if we just stick to the visions we have as educators, eventually some if(not all) will follow. So the way we handle impediments is accomplishing our goals. Cassidy said we must keep up with technology, which means we must not only accept technology but we must be willing to adapt and change as it keep advancing in the future. Not all methods will work, but we must find what works for our style of teaching methods. The only way we will become the educators of the future, is to leave the past and embrace the future.

1 comment: